SSL Hosting Through Web Werken
As you know I like to be as efficient as possible in my request for your marketing time and dollars; my focus is on making you money through online rankings and traffic.
What is changing?
Google is now making it mandatory that sites be "Secure" meaning that an "SSL Certification" has to be installed on each page of the website.
If you would like to read more here is an industry leading article on the subject, published January of this year.
Why is an SSL important?
On a standard HTTP connection, it is possible for unauthorized parties to observe the conversation between your computing device and the site. Up and to this point I put the SSL conversion off because most of my clients sites do not transfer any sensitive data. But now Google is mandating all sites be HTTPS secured or else they will start to lose rankings.
- "because we’d like to encourage all website owners to switch from HTTP to HTTPS to keep everyone safe on the web."
- (Google RARELY makes a definitive statement on what their algorithms consider.)
What does this mean to you?
1. Web Works has installed the SSL on your site - our programmer has gone through each page to find any potential security issues and fixed them so that the SSL could be installed. In order to get the Green Lock in the address bar all snippets of code have to be secured from hackers; this has been done.
2. We will maintain and increase our Google listings as this is an important part of the Google algorithm and will give us an advantage over our competitors that are not taking the same efforts.
3. Unfortunately, website and form hosting costs to the third party are increasing. I've paid to have the SSL's installed on your site and if you paid hosting for the year you will not see the increase until your renewal. At your renewal, hosting will increase to $40 a month that includes both the hosting and SSL certificate. All vendors chosen are top providers of their services and are held accountable to keeping our website and form data secured on a daily basis.